: What happens with machines or what happens with humans?
- A $1,000 personal computer is 1,000 times more powerful than the human brain.
-The vast majority of computations originally done by humans are now done by computers.
- Further progress has been made in understanding the secrets of the human brain. Hundreds of distinct sub-regions with specialized functions have been identified. Some of the algorithms that code for development of these regions have been deciphered and incorporated into neural net computers.
-The human brain has been completely reverse engineered and all aspects of its functioning are understood.
- Natural human thinking possesses no advantages over computer minds.
- Machines have attained equal legal status with humans.
- Humans and machines merge together in the physical and mental realms. Cybernetic brain implants enable humans to fuse their minds with A.I.s.
- In consequence, clear distinctions between humans and machines no longer exist.